Thursday, March 22, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Bad news due to March showers this week:
With rain scheduled over the weekend, the Toro Park staff has asked me to postpone this Sunday's CCCX X-Fusion "Super D" race.
Please note that this Sunday's race is being postponed due to rain in the weekend forecast. Sorry about this! Toro Park requested me to postpone the race, and it will be rescheduled.
This also pushes back the series finale. More details when they emerge.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Following up last week's Bigfoot XC schedule, here is the long format racing:
The format is simple. Your solo mileage from each of the events in the series are added up. The rider with the most miles in each of our categories is awarded a Solo Cup Trophy at the Whiskeytown Nine to Five Finals.
- 5/19/12: 12 Hours of Weaverville and 6 Hours of Weaverville (Weaverville, CA)
- 7/28/12: 12 Hours of Humboldt and 6 Hours of Humboldt (Arcata, CA)
- 8/25/12: Kirkwood Nine to Five and 24 Hours of Kirkwood (Kirkwood Mtn Resort, CA)
- 9/1/12: Six Hours of Kirkwood Super Endurance (Kirkwood Mtn Resort, CA)
- 10/6/12: Whiskeytown Nine to Five and 24 Hours of Whiskeytown (Whiskeytown Lake, CA)
Full information at http://teambigfoot.net/.
The most northern NorCal race is on for 2012:
Classic mountain bike race returns to the State of Jefferson’s Greenhorn Park in Yreka. SINGLE TRACK! SINGLE TRACK! The “Monster Mile.” The “Chute.” The “Hike-a Bike.” Challenging expert course ~ 24 miles. Fun sport course ~ 15 miles. Friendly beginner course ~ 7 miles. Free kids race ~ 1 mile. Free overnight camping in Greenhorn Park. Cash prizes and goodies. Sponsored by Yreka Rotary and the Siskiyou Family YMCA.
More details at http://www.humbughurryup.com/.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Friday, March 09, 2012
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Monday, March 05, 2012
The NorCal XC championship series is back for 2012. As always, it's the best 4 finishes plus the Finals (Lagrange Fall Classic) to decide the winners:
- 3/18/12: Big Sandy (Fresno)
- 4/7/12: CCCX (Toro Park)
- 4/15/12: Napa Valley Dirt Classic (Angwin, CA)
- 4/28/12: Lemurian Classic
- 5/26/12: Lagrange Spring Classic (Weaverville, CA)
- 7/712: CCCX (Fort Ord)
- 8/5/12: Howell Mountain Challenge (Angwin, CA)
- 8/18/12: Annadel (Annadel State Park near Sonoma)
- 9/30/12: Whiskeytown Classic (Whiskeytown Lake)
- 10/20/12: Lagrange Fall Classic - FINALS (Weaverville, CA)
More information is available at Team Bigfoot website.
Friday, March 02, 2012
Just to correct yesterday's weekend preview: The CCCX Super D race will be Saturday, March 3rd not Sunday, March 4th. Here's the course preview for the race:
This Saturday, March 3, is race #6 of the X-Fusion "Super D" Series at Toro Park. Racers will be treated to a special course, and some super sweet racing on some railing single track that is just ready to be treated right! The course for race #6 is going to use the legendary Gilson Trail, which has hosted the NorCal Single Track Downhill Championships in past years! This trail is a fast flowing race route that is 90% Single-Track.The grades vary between steep & moderate in certain sections of the route. Speeds can be extremely fast in some portions of the trail, as well as slow and technical in others. Strength & fitness will come into play, and the dirt content should be awesome after some light showers during the week.
Thursday, March 01, 2012
- Get Lost!! in Fort Ord (03/03/12) [OR]
- CCCX X-Fusion Enduro/"Super D" Series (03/03/12) [SD]
- The MTB Madness (03/04/12) [OR]