Thursday, September 06, 2007

PCRS Fall Flash #3

Tonight was my first race back since getting food poisoning a few weeks ago, so I thought I might share some photos and (hopefully) video from the Prairie City Fall Flash #3.

SANY0019.JPG


As most people who have had a significant layoff from racing will tell you, you should prepare for an ass-whooping your first race back. The PCRS crowd did not disappoint. I got out too fast for the first lap, lost the lead pack at the second lap marker and then was on a unpleasant ride for the last lap. I also didn't dial in my rear suspension correctly - the course has a lot of square edge small hits and waterbar like dips - and spent much of the first lap pogo-ing. In with the bad race, I didn't DNF or DFL (I think).

The course was pretty standard for the fall flash races: 2.87 miles per lap and about 220' climbing per lap.


View Larger Map

I'll have a video clip and results tomorrow.

No comments: