Thursday, March 31, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
This is coming up quickly, register if you will be attending ...
Mountain Bikers Of Santa Cruz (MBOSC) is proud to present the Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival (SCMBF) taking place April 9th and 10th, 2011 in Aptos Village, California. The event will be held at the Barry Swenson Builders property which includes the Epicenter Cycling Pump Track and the Post Office Dirt Jump park. A temporary 1/2 mile Santa Cruz style short track course will be built on the property which features berms, rollers and jumps.
The SCMBF is Santa Cruz County’s premier mountain biking event, bringing together a mix of competitive racing, fun rides, skills clinics and a deep list of industry manufacturers and retailers with booths and demo products. To benefit mountain biking in Santa Cruz, all proceeds from the 2011 event will be dedicated to a permanent bike park in Aptos.
For two jam-packed days, the SCMBF will be home to exciting events for riders at every level. Whether attendees want to participate, spectate, improve their skills or check out the latest gear, there’s something for everyone. For professional and amateur competitive mountain bikers there are jump contests and short track races, endurance XC rides, and Soquel Demo Forest shuttle rides. Beginners can hone their dirt skills with clinics focusing on bike handling and pump track skills.
Over 40 vendors are on hand to share their latest innovations and equipment. The beer garden will pour tasty drafts from local beer makers including Santa Cruz Ale Works, Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing, Seabright Brewery, Boulder Creek Brewery, Uncommon Brewers and Corralitos Brewing Co. For kids there will be handmade root beer on tap.
- Epic Endurance XC Ride (Free)
- Short Track Race
- Pump Track Race
- Jump Contest
- Clinics (Free & Paid)
- Beer Garden
- Bike Demos from: Trek, Gary Fisher, Ibis, Specialized, Black Market
More information at http://www.santacruzmountainbikefestival.com/
Friday, March 25, 2011
Quick note for those of you looking to race Sunday at Folsom Prison:
Online Registration for the FIRST race this Sunday closes on Friday, March 25 at 10pm
The season opener is HERE. Sunday March 27 will kick off the Prairie City Race Series season on the new Prison/Rodeo course. There will be several bike shops and vendors at the new season opener "Expo". Be sure to stop by and say "Hello and Thank You!" for sponsoring the Series. This first race is on the Folsom Prison course, staging out of the Folsom Rodeo arena - this is a points race. This is a very unique and limited use venue with lots of brand new singletrack. Check out the BikeCam video and race photos from the Sierra Nevada High School race on the Prison course last weekend... awesome! Online registration for this first race closes Friday March 25 at 10 pm (limited to first 500 racers)
Thursday, March 24, 2011
- CCCX XC (03/26/11) [XC] - this was moved to SATURDAY
- The Big Sandy Point to Point Mountain BIke Race (03/27/11) [XC]
- Praire City Race Series #1 - Folsom Prison Prologue (03/27/11) [XC]
- NorCal HS #3 (03/27/11) [XC] - this was moved to East Garrison
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
- Cool MTB Race (03/13/11) [XC]
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Monday, March 07, 2011
US qualifiers are now up ... but none in NorCal:
USA Cycling revealed the complete calendar for its 2011 American Mountain Bike Challenge (AMBC) on Friday.
AMBC cross country events will serve as qualifiers for the USA Cycling Mountain Bike Cross Country National Championships, on July 14-17 in Sun Valley, Idaho while AMBC gravity events will qualify riders to compete at the USA Cycling Mountain Bike Gravity National Championships, September 24-25 in Beech Mountain, North Carolina.
American Mountain Bike Challenge (AMBC)
- March 20: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Gainesville, Florida
- March 27: Chickasaw Trace Classic - Columbia, Tennessee
- April 3: Southeastern Regional Championships Series (SERC) - Bryson City, North Carolina
- April 9: 17th Annual Barking Spider Bash XC - Boise, Idaho
- April 17: Stump Jump 2011 - Spartanburg, South Carolina
- April 30 - May 1: The Idyllwild Spring Challenge - Idyllwild, California
- May 1: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Winder, Georgia
- May 15: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Ducktown, Tennessee
- May 15: Tymor Park Challenge - Lagrangeville, New York
- May 22: Greenbrier Challenge - Hagerstown, Maryland
- May 29: Iron Horse Bicycle Classic - Durango, Colorado
- June 4-5: Bump ‘N Grind - Pelham, Alabama
- June 12: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Chattanooga, Tennessee
- June 18-19: Magic Cycles Mountain Bike Race Weekend - Beech Mountain, North Carolina
- June 26: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Clemson, South Carolina
- July 10: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Huntsville, Alabama
- July 17: 16th Annual Bulldog Rump presented by Cycle Craft - Andover, New Jersey
- August 7: Southeastern Regional Championship Series (SERC) - Fontana, North Carolina
- August 14: Bear Creek Challenge - Macungie, Pennsylvania
- September 2-4: Camp Eagle Classic MTB Festival - Rocksprings, Texas