rideSFO is bringing back the SF Bike Expo for the third year:
The 3rd annual San Francisco Bay Area Bicycle Expo returns on November 6th, 2010 at the Cow Palace (in SF). Last year, we turned the bicycle world upside down. We paired low rider bicycles with BMX bikes, showcased bike fashion, put on the first mountain bike dirt jump competition in San Francisco and ran a cyclocross race right next to those high flyers. This year, we bring it all back plus more!
The SF BIKE EXPO has 8 main events and features, keeping attendees in circulation around the two halls and outdoor facilities.
- Andrew Taylor’s Showdown: San Francisco’s Only Mountain Bike Dirt Jump Comp
- Pedal Savvy Fashion Show: A true bike fashion resource by Gwendolyn Lee Productions.
- The Cross Palace Cyclocross Race: A huge hit at the 2009 introduction! The race produced by Santa Rosa’s Bike Monkey actually goes in and back out of the Cow Palace.
- BMX Jam: Hosted by local apparel leaders Avant Garde.
- Low Rider Arcade: Art meets passion as the low rider community shows off their work.
- Behind Bars Inc. Custom and Vintage Bicycle Show: Classic metal and insane creations hosted by San Jose’s Behind Bars.
- Vendor Expo Area: The Industry Trade Show hall that allows vendors to show off the latest and greatest bikes, gear, apparel, parts, and offerings to a very eager public.
- Community Swap Meet: The swap hall is separated from the Vendor Expo area, and is the place to be for bargains and hard to find parts from independent sellers, bike shops looking to clear out older merchandise, and companies that recognize the need for an avenue to move discontinued products.
If you missed it last year, this is your opportunity to catch it again. Save the date November, 6th at the Cow Palace and look for more events and features to be added soon! Registration is open for Vendors, Bike Shops and Individuals. Please visit SF Bike Expo online TODAY!