Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RACE REPORT: PCRS Fall Flash 1

Tonight was the first race of the Prairie City Race Series' Fall Flash. The Fall Flash races are shorter, slightly flatter versions of the Spring Series (due to dwindling daylight). We had about 100 MTB riders tonight along with 15 or so Cyclocross racers for the new CX division.

The course was a good starter after the two month layoff since the Spring Series. It ran about 2.1 miles with 200' of climbing per lap and more turns than usual. We started north, down into valley at start. In addition to the standard XC course, there was also a few CX alternate course parts with a dismount obstacles.


I had hoped for a good start to the fall series, since I had a good fall series last year. Unfortunately, tonight was not that good start. After hanging with the middle of Sport pack through the first half of the course, I snapped my chain climbing the second major hill. Cr*p. I rang up another DNF, and my second XC DNF in a row.


I've got some pictures from the race posted over at my Google Album page:
PCRS Fall Flash
Aug 30, 2006 - 17 Photos

Results are usually posted the day after the race. I'll update this post when I see them. Results and photos are posted here.

No comments: