The qualification procedures for the 2007 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships at Mount Snow Resort in West Dover, Vt. July 17-22 have been finalized. Cross Country, Downhill and Dual Slalom are only open to competitors who meet qualifying standards throughout the season. The qualification period for the aforementioned three categories, which began August 1, 2006, ends July 15, 2007. The events that serve as qualifiers for the 2007 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships include:Hopefully, this will go more smoothly than last year.
Additionally, all 2006 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Champions are qualified to compete in 2007. An event schedule for the 2007 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships, registration information and the event website will be announced the second week of February.
- USA Cycling Mountain Bike State and Regional Championships
- American Mountain Bike Challenge (AMBC) events
- USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Calendar events
- Alison Dunlap Junior Olympic Mountain Bike Series events
- USA Cycling Mountain Bike Regional Development Camps
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
2007 US MTB Nationals Qualification Process
US Cycling has posted the 2007 qualification process for US MTB Nationals: