1st Ever Harvey Bear Ranch Mountain Bike RaceRead more at The SV Bike and Run Club website. You can sign up there and view a course map. The race will cost $35 for SV Bike and Run club members and $40 for non-members.
This will be a fun, challenging race at Harvey Bear Park (between Morgan Hill and Gilroy on Hwy101). This is the first time a race has been allowed there so please respect the grounds if you would like to see more races in the area.
- July 19th, 2009 - race begins at 9:00AM
- Classes for Beginner, Sport, and Expert
- 10-23 miles depending on class
- Fun, challenging course for every age
- Space is limited to the first 100 riders so don't miss out, sign up today
- On site registration from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM day of event if spots are available
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
First EVER Harvey Bear Ranch MTB Race
I've held off on posting this, mostly because I couldn't believe it was true. Sure, I've heard stories -- back when I lived in Los Gatos -- about people racing their mountain bikes in the South Bay, but I chalked it up to crazy old hippies. And, of course, a few valiant souls have tried to mount races in the past few years. But I do believe that this might be the first actual MTB race in the South Bay Area since I've lived in California (going past 12 years now):