Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First EVER Harvey Bear Ranch MTB Race

I've held off on posting this, mostly because I couldn't believe it was true. Sure, I've heard stories -- back when I lived in Los Gatos -- about people racing their mountain bikes in the South Bay, but I chalked it up to crazy old hippies. And, of course, a few valiant souls have tried to mount races in the past few years. But I do believe that this might be the first actual MTB race in the South Bay Area since I've lived in California (going past 12 years now):
1st Ever Harvey Bear Ranch Mountain Bike Race
  • July 19th, 2009 - race begins at 9:00AM

  • Classes for Beginner, Sport, and Expert

  • 10-23 miles depending on class

  • Fun, challenging course for every age

  • Space is limited to the first 100 riders so don't miss out, sign up today

  • On site registration from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM day of event if spots are available 
This will be a fun, challenging race at Harvey Bear Park (between Morgan Hill and Gilroy on Hwy101).  This is the first time a race has been allowed there so please respect the grounds if you would like to see more races in the area.
Read more at The SV Bike and Run Club website. You can sign up there and view a course map. The race will cost $35 for SV Bike and Run club members and $40 for non-members.

2 comments:

Sports Basement said...

Are vendors allowed to attened this event? If so, who do I get in contact with?

Anonymous said...

SVBikeandrunclub says to Vendors: Sure we'd love you there! Contact us direct at www.svbikeandrunclub.com or call us at 408-461-1059