- CCCX Fall DH #1 (Near Monterey on Saturday): consistently one of the best attended series in Northern California, this is the kickoff for the fall 2009 series. The course is described as "It is going to be a super fast course for the CCCX Fall/Winter DH Series opener. Speeds will be extremely high as recent rains have helped improve the traction on most of the trails. There will be some tricky turns added and some break check spots where tire traction will be tested. This course has some screaming fast spots in it where gravity takes over and it feels like your riding at freeway speed. Plus some slow sections of trail where line choice and rider control will dictate who is best. Most of all it is going to be fun!" Peruse the archives for extensive pics and past race results.
- DAWN OF THE SHRED!!! (Yreka, CA/Mt Shasta, CA on Saturday): I've read the website for this three times and I am still not sure exactly what all is going on here. But I think you will have a good time. I looks like there may be bacon involved.
- TBF 50-Mile MTB Challenge (Granite Bay near Sacramento on Sunday): TBF Racing (organizers of the early season XC races) branches out with the looong course race to close out there 2009 schedule.
- BASP CX #2 (CX race in San Mateo, CA on Sunday): A cyclocross race in the Bay Area at Coyote Point.
- Homegrown Cyclocross #1 (Woodward Park in Fresno on Sunday): More CX, Central Valley style. They have the best flyer of the week and a sweet deal for the willing.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
NorCal MTB Racing This Weekend: Oct 24 - 25, 2009
Sorry about the lack of updates this week, I've been laid out with the H1N1 (or is it just the flu ? how do I know the difference ? should I care ?) since Monday morning. As I still don't feel that well, I'll keep it short and sweet: