Six-time Leadville 100 winner, and former US Mountain Bike team member, Dave Wiens, will lead a new annual cycling event for the Bay Area, The Dirt Bowl, to be held on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7th, 2010.For more information, and to enter the fundraising ride, visit www.dirtbowl.net
The Dirt Bowl is produced by Marin County Bicycle Coalition in partnership with the The NorCal High School Mountain Bike League. It is a benefit ride to ensure that kids have safe roads and great trails. Proceeds from the Dirt Bowl will support the ongoing advocacy work being conducted by both organizations.
The ride is sponsored by Specialized Bicycle Components and Mike's Bikes and is for both recreational and competitive cyclists. Road cyclists are also invited to participate in the Dirt Bowl and will be supported by the Marin Cyclists. The start is at the San Geronimo Golf Course west of Fairfax, California.
Participants are required to raise a minimum of $125 to join this fundraising event. There is no upper limit on fundraising. Fundraisers will receive:
- Saddle time with mountain bike legend and all-around great guy, Dave Wiens
- A commemorative event T-shirt
- Pre-ride hot drinks and snacks, and a BBQ lunch with sausages, turkey burgers, garden burgers, pasta, green salad, potato salad, and beverages
- Entry into a raffle with great prizes
- Special prizes for the riders who raises the most money
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
DirtBowl Fundraiser Scheduled for SuperBowl
You didn't really want to watch Indianapolis win the Superbowl anyway: