"The title winners at San Luis Obispo received $5,000, with cash earnings for each finisher through 16th place. The season champion received additional sponsor bonuses from Paul Mitchell and the keys to a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Overall, the prize purse for Jeep 48STRAIGHT topped $100,000, making it one of the highest cash payouts in the sport.See the full article over at Decline Magazine.
The podium standings for San Luis Obispo included:
1. Brian Lopes - Laguna Beach, Calif.
2. Eric Carter - Temecula, Calif.
3. Greg Minnaar - South Africa
1. Fionn Griffiths - Great Britain
2. Melissa Buhl, Chandler, Ariz.
3. Kathy Pruitt - Santa Cruz, California
The Jeep 48STRAIGHT event from San Luis Obispo will air on CBS Sports on November 1."
Monday, October 27, 2008
Carter and Buhl Take Jeep 48Straight Series Titles
It looks like some good racing down in San Luis Obispo from the writeup over at Decline Magazine: