Thursday, April 13, 2006

RACE REPORT: PCRS #2

So I fought off my sore body, radar-induced rain fear and piles of work to haul my ass out to Prairie City for the PCRS #2 race tonight. I hadn't made the first race last week (I was sick), so I felt too guilty to skip another one.
PCRS#2 Finish Line
And I am glad I did. Weather radar said that a storm front was moving in, but it was slow moving and we didn't have a drop of rain until most of the people had already finished. The course had muddy parts, but the organizers kept us off many of them, making for a enjoyable course. I had forgotten how much fun these races are, but as soon as it started I remember instantly.
PCRS#2 Finisher
The week's course was the "to the right and down the hill" layout, which makes for a really fast start (all swoopy downhill for about 1 mile, then a short steep climb to string every one out). The course was only about 3.5 miles tonight and I thought I did alright -- I certainly didn't end up walking anywhere and I would say I passed more people than passed me. I only kept with my categories lead group for the first 3/4 of the first lap, but I don't think that is that bad since I raced Sea Otter on Sunday. My only real regret is that I didn't get any big air off the jump where one photographer was laying for an ant's perspective.

I'll post results and photo links as soon as I see them. Photos are posted here. Results are posted too.

No comments: