- Downieville Classic Find Sponsor: SHIMANO takes leadership role and becomes Title Sponsor for 2009.
- Burgers in Bonelli: A cookout trailer provided by California restaurant chain In N Out Burger will be on hand at the opening round of the U.S. Cup on March 1 at Bonelli Park in San Dimas, California. The burger chain will provide a free cheeseburger, drink and bag of chips to the first 500 registrants.
- BikeReg.com is down ... apparently routine maintenance was not routine and as of Tuesday morning bikereg.com (registration service for many, many races) is still off the air: "BikeReg.com suffered a major hardware failure this weekend. We are working as quickly as possible to restore service." Let's hope they get things back to normal.
- Global SRAM Truck Coming to Local Races: SRAM will be attending the Sea Otter Classic and the Ashland Super D.
- Mountain Biking Video Game: "Word on the (Chinese) streets is Rockstar Games, the gang that brought us Grand Theft Auto, may be collaborating with Mongoose rider Steve Romaniak to develop a mountain biking video game. "
- Kona "Shoot The Ride" Returns: "If you're a Kona fan, or bike fanatic in general, this is your chance to submit your best amateur photographs. Once the images are in, Kona will put them through the Kona ringer to see if they've got what it takes to emerge victorious ... The contest parameters are pretty loose: Beauty shot, some sort of bike connection, however distant or obvious, and that's it."
- Passion Trail Bikes Turns 3: Celebrate their third birthday on March 7 & 8 by test riding any of 100 bikes.
- dhRENO posts Mob N Mojave Report: pics, video and narrative wrap up from their racing trip down to Las Vegas.
- US MTB Cup New Website Announced: The US MTB Cup has also posted a proper website.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
NorCal MTB News Tidbits
Just a bunch of unrelated items stuck in my RSS reader that don't warrant their own post:
Posted at 12:02 AM