Friday, June 30, 2006

RACE REPORT: 2006 Bigfoot Classic (Day 1)

As I shared earlier, I made the drive up to Arcata, CA to race the 2006 Bigfoot Classic today. The actual XC race isn't until tomorrow, but I wanted to come up and watch the Super D race this afternoon.
Unfortunately, it's a six hour drive up to Arcata from the Sierra foothills so I only made it there for the very tail end of the race. However, judging from the crowd it appeared that about 25 racers participated. The course is set waaaayyyy out in the wilderness and most people that I spoke with said the course was excellent. I'll see if I can't scare up the result sometime tomorrow morning for posting.

The XC course looks pretty promising and the race officials said about 125 racers are registered. I'll try to get some more action photos for that tomorrow.
As I said, it's a little hard to find the site. Here are GPS coordinates and maps for the both the highway turnoff [ MAP ] and actual race site [ MAP ]. Hope to see people up here.

No comments: